Welcome to our employment section. Here you can view our current job openings and apply for any positions listed.
Roedde House Museum is a unique, stimulating place, looking for dynamic, forward-thinking and dedicated individuals with a passion for heritage conservation and local history.
Roedde House Museum will only consider candidates who are currently living in Canada and are legally allowed to work here.
The Museum does accept unsolicited applications; however we will only contact applicants who have been selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in the Roedde House Museum.
Community Engagement Coordinator
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Museum Manager to manage volunteers & volunteer program, promote and support special programs and events, engage the community and maintain a database of members and donors.
Volunteer Management: (60%)
- To recruit, interview, train and retain volunteers for museum tours and operations.
- To schedule volunteers for museum tours, Tea & Tours, concerts, rentals and special events.
- To maintain a current volunteer database and volunteer program.
- To develop and execute meaningful and relevant volunteer appreciation and/or training events.
- To work with the Museum Manager on developing and assigning tasks, roles and opportunities for volunteers as needed.
- To assist with organizing or over-seeing house rentals and special events.
Community Engagement: (35%)
- To provide staff presence and facilitation during museum concerts and events (some weekend/evening work will be required – with advance notice).
- To generate revenue by securing group tours and special events.
- To produce monthly e-newsletters, as well as provide support in designing and creating promotional material.
- To liaise with potential donors and sponsors of community events.
- To connect with similar organizations, press, and media.
Database Administration: (5%)
- To develop and maintain the membership programme.
- To expand and maintain a database of donors.
- To issue charitable tax receipts for donations and donations in kind.
- To welcome visitors and give personal tours when no volunteers are available.
- To help conceptualize and assist in the curation of museum exhibits.
- To help develop content for social media and the Museum’s promotional presence.
- Time Commitment: 15-18 hours per week
- An energetic, result-oriented professional, the Community Engagement Coordinator will possess the following minimum required qualifications:
- An interest in museums, arts & culture, history, community engagement, and education.
- Work showcases attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to balance several projects, competing demands and changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as a team member in a small office.
- Experience coordinating and scheduling volunteers or staff.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Proficiency in MS Office applications; understanding of basic social media use; familiarity with Photoshop and/or Joomla a plus, but not required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour